Facebook, YouTube and Twitter have removed posts from President Donald Trump on Wednesday after his supporters violently entered the US Capitol. Twitter said Trump’s account will be locked for at least 12 hours.
While Trump has been angered by Twitter for flagging his tweets in the past, Twitter has not previously deleted the president’s tweets to preserve his posts for public record. But given the violence in DC, Trump’s tweets were removed.
Among the tweets deleted was a video sent to supporters telling them to “go home.” The video, however, once again made false claims that the 2020 presidential election was stolen. All told, three Twitter posts were deleted. The video was also deleted from Facebook and YouTube.
Guy Rosen, the vice president of integrity at Facebook, said in a tweet the social media site was removing the video because “on balance we believe it contributes to rather than diminishes the risk of ongoing violence.”
Read the full story here.